Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Our Howard 200 rotator has arrived!

A bit of watching and waiting on ebay turned up a bargain Howard 200 rotator. It's not exactly new but it strikes up first go, runs like a watch, everything works and it's in exceptional condition for it's age. I have even bought some authentic Howard orange paint to restore it to glory in time!

Can't wait to get it on the plots when the soil dries out a bit.






















I am clearing the plots of weed and will be ready to go cultivating pretty soon!




3 comments:

  1. Nice to see another Howard still in working order. I have a Howard Bantam which never lets me down. Brilliant machines even on heavy clay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rooko, nice to hear you have a Howard, perhaps you are able to offer me some advice, when I get on the plot first time, (after it dries out a bit!) do I go as deep as possible immediately or do I go over twice or several times increasing the depth each time until I reach max depth?

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the late reply diggybob, (a busy year down the plots) and little time on the internet. I assume you will be well experienced using the Howard by now. I would rotavate shallow the first time over the ground and go deeper second time unless the ground is soft. Definitely shallow if the ground is solid/hard. Turning at the ends of the plot I used to tip the machine left or right onto one set of blades but be careful not to lose control and watch out for any fuel spilling out of the fuel tank cap. I've recently sold my Howard as I found a Merry tiller Titan at my local re-cycling centre, which I find doesn't play my arthritis (back and hips) up.

      Delete