Powered By Blogger

Sunday, 30 September 2012

Tidying up

I made an exploratory start on the new allotment, albeit you could hardly call it an allotment yet! As I suspected it is even more choked with bramble roots and will be very slow going.

I have decided that the best approach will be to start a deep trench at one end, taking out all the roots I find, then gradually moving the trench along the plot until the whole lot is cleared.

Meantime I have trenched all along the path that separates the 2 plots to try to stop the roots making their way onto the good plot.

We are allowed to have bonfires from next month so at least I will have a way of getting rid of the mass of roots I will end up with.

Plus a little time spent making the original plot tidy...