Powered By Blogger

Thursday 22 March 2012

At long last I am planting things!

Red letter day today. I am turning over the top plot and planting potatoes! So this is what it's all about!





















I also found a top tip! I had broken the blade off a slasher.  I removed the broken metal end and sharpened the end of the wooden shaft to make a very efficient potato dibber. It makes it so easy, I can stand upright and plunge the dipper in without a problem. It's just the right size for seed potatoes so just pop the spud in and kick the earth over and and I am done. Very easy and very quick. I managed to turn over enough ground, remove the remaining bramble roots as I went and plant 5 rows of potatoes in around an hour. Not bad considering the maze of small roots that were still in the ground after the Azada had finished.






No comments:

Post a Comment