Powered By Blogger

Sunday 12 May 2013

Back to the wheelbarrow for Trevor

Hi Trevor

The wheelbarrow has had to take a back seat while I got the new plot underway but I will be back to it again shortly. Meanwhile I have taken a few more pics to show that yes the sides are angled out at the top a little. Not much but I feel it makes the wheelbarrow look more attractive and increases the load capacity.

I have also included a pic of how the legs will fit on, this is just a thick piece of timber cut to the correct angle at the top and will be fixed to the barrow with coach bolts.


As for the wheel, I am making a wooden wheel in sections which is shown elsewhere on the blog to keep the Victorian look. This will fit on a tube running on a threaded shaft which will fit in a hole in the front rail where it comes apart, all held fast with large nuts and washers.

The wheel is designed to be removable quickly which allows me to fit a very non-victorian pneumatic wheel when I am using the barrow on rough ground and not just for display!

Good luck with your barrow and I hope you finish in time. I would love to see some pics when you have done.









No comments:

Post a Comment