Powered By Blogger

Sunday 30 September 2012

Tidying up

I made an exploratory start on the new allotment, albeit you could hardly call it an allotment yet! As I suspected it is even more choked with bramble roots and will be very slow going.

I have decided that the best approach will be to start a deep trench at one end, taking out all the roots I find, then gradually moving the trench along the plot until the whole lot is cleared.

Meantime I have trenched all along the path that separates the 2 plots to try to stop the roots making their way onto the good plot.

We are allowed to have bonfires from next month so at least I will have a way of getting rid of the mass of roots I will end up with.




Plus a little time spent making the original plot tidy...






2 comments:

  1. Looks like plenty of work ahead for you, not an easy task digging out bramble roots. I hope the weather stays good for you. I am just waiting to swap my 2nd plot for another next door to my main plot. That too is overgrown but mainly with "normal" perennial weeds, hundreds of Dandelions.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rooko, yes I'm a glutton for punishment! I just hope next season is a bit better than this one. The long wet summer put paid to a lot of crops this year, especially potatoes and tomatoes. Good luck with your new project too!

    ReplyDelete